With other industry speakers, Integral APAC managing director, Stephen Dolan advised publishers that they should start thinking about viewability and how this affects the designs of their pages, at the AdTech Meetup in Sydney last week. Dolan explained that advertising has to be better in order to return pay journalists and product sustainable content. Read the full [...]
Guy Phillipson, chief executive of the Internet Advertising Bureau UK (IAB), comments on the parrallels between the ad impressions and the commodities exchange. Guy explores the possible effects of viewability standards which replicate the quality requirements used for agricultural commodities. Read the full article here.
In the world of digital media, marketers are increasingly paying only for ad placements that Web surfers can actually see. Yahoo is the latest major online ad company to offer that functionality, with a product it calls Yahoo Prime View. Yahoo’s offering is simple — it uses technology to detect whether an ad appears on a users’ [...]
The Financial Times is trialling a new method of digital trading – and they say it could transform the way we think about ad viewability. The new method involves measuring the amount of time users are exposed to ads. Clients can then buy inventory using ad time, rather than ad space. The system is expected to launch [...]
On March 31, the Media Rating Council (MRC) announced it was lifting its advisory on viewable impressions for display advertising, bringing the industry one step closer to transacting on viewability for the first time. The point at which publishers are asked to deliver highly viewable campaigns is rapidly approaching. If you haven’t started to develop a strategy to maximize the viewability [...]
Advertisers can now feel confident that their ads are actually being viewed, thanks to three new tools from PointRoll. PointRoll AdView ensures that banner ads with video and animations pause when people scroll away from them, while Video Viewability and Verification Metrics report the delivery of in-stream video ads as viewable or not throughout video [...]
AppNexus, the technology company that provides trading solutions and powers marketplaces for Internet advertising, has acquired French company Alenty, the leader in advertising viewability solutions. “AppNexus has always stood behind the idea that better advertising creates a better Internet, and solving the issue of viewability is critical to that mission,” said Brian O’Kelley, CEO, AppNexus. “In [...]
The AOP (Association of Online Publishers) have announced its Shortlists for the Digital Publishing awards 2014 #aopawards. The Awards recognise and champion excellence in online publishing, reflecting the innovation and enterprise that characterises this industry. A six month entry and selection process culminates in huge celebration at their ceremony on 3rd July The Full shortlist can be [...]
For the last year, online video advertisers have been realizing that as many as 40% of video ads played and paid for may not actually be viewed by humans on the other end. On Sunday, The New York Times ran a big feature that has taken this new idea, the dirty secret of true, “viewability”, [...]
So why do we need to find out exactly where eyeballs are looking on the web? Brand marketers today are trending towards buying an audience online in an automated fashion rather than going to buy online ad space directly from a media owner like TheGuardian.com or Gardeners World, as they would have done with a [...]
- OnScroll launches a private viewable ad exchange June 18, 2013
- OnScroll Selected As Leading Global Startup for Web Summit in Dublin July 30, 2013
- AutoTrader joins OnScroll’s viewable exchange August 28, 2013
- Measures of digital marketing ROI are meaningless unless ads are viewable August 16, 2013
- Three Myths of Viewable Impressions August 15, 2013
- Do Publishers Need to Implement Viewbaility Metrics into Site Designs? September 15, 2014
- Parallels Between Viewable Impressions and Commodities Trading August 28, 2014
- “Viewable” Ads come to Yahoo June 26, 2014
- Carat talk to the Financial Times about digital trading and ad viewability June 26, 2014
- On Engagement & Viewability: Why Quality Content Makes Good Business Sense June 23, 2014
- Upcoming Events – Come Say Hi! | Viewable Impression: [...] been selected as part of the Web Summit̵...
- GodisaGeek.com Becomes First UK Website to Exclusively Deliver Viewable Ad Inventory | Viewable Impression: [...] are also a featured publisher on Onscroll...
- The Viewable Impression Disruption Is Nothing New | ViewableImpression.co.uk: [...] On C3 Metrics’ Attribution Model site...
Follow @onscroll on Twitter