Prior to today, have you ever heard of the viewability online advertising metric? This tool is now gaining major traction after a new report from Google was released this week. Every digital advertising professional understands that viewability remains one of the most important elements of online media. This crucial online advertising metric, which monitors impressions that can [...]
The 4As has jumped into the debate around viewability standards, sending a letter to members that calls for stricter standards than those proposed by the Interactive Advertising Bureau. In the letter, signed by 4As leaders Bill Tucker and John Montgomery, the ad agency trade association proposes that clients should only be expected to pay for [...]
What do you think is the biggest challenge facing digital publishing in 2015? Would it be “viewability”? In a recent survey by The 614 Group and AdMonsters, not only did 63% of advertisers said viewability was their greatest challenge, the majority also said they thought high viewability was a pipe dream. Earlier this month, the IAB released a [...]
“Viewability” may not have been the word of the year for 2014, but to many in the programmatic media-buying industry, it will be its final word. The conversation began late last year when Google announced it would allow marketers to transact on viewable impressions, and the industry seemed to take a step forward when the Media Rating [...]
In line with conventional wisdom, advertisers can improve the percentage of ads viewed by consumers through proper targeting and improved ad relevancy, research reveals. According to the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB), for an in-stream video ad to satisfy minimum standards, 50% of its area must be displayed for at least two seconds to count as [...]
Google’s report that 56.1% of all digital display ads are not seen by visitors might have created a stir but Indian advertisers seem more sanguine about the issue. “Viewability is of course important but what is more necessary is engagement. If an ad is bad, viewers will not interact with it even if it is [...]
The American Association of Advertising Agencies sent a letter to some of its members on Friday saying it will “not endorse” the online advertising guidelines put out by the Interactive Advertising Bureau last week. The guidelines suggested that online ad industry should aim to have their campaigns achieve a “70% viewability threshold” in 2015. That [...]
Here are the highlights of a survey of interactive media and advertising executives conducted by The 614 Group, a global digital consultancy, and AdMonsters, a professional community and conference series for digital ad operations and technology leaders. (Rob Rasko, the 614 Group CEO and founder, pictured left.) Viewability,the biggest challenge? When asked which issues are expected to be “digital publishing’s [...]
Programmatic buying may solve some of the industry’s problems, but it’s also creating its own set of issues. As 2014 progressed, more and more brands, agencies and publishers either learned the programmatic ropes or enhanced their approach to it. But programmatic advertising is a complicated, evolving area that the industry is still grappling with. Here’s what we learned [...]
The ‘Ad Viewability’ Uproar: How The Digital Media Industry Is Attacking The Problem Of Unseen Online Ads #viewability
Marketers are spending more than ever on digital advertising, but there are growing concerns over whether digital audiences actually see many of these ads. Users are often served an ad that appears in an inactive web window or an out-of-view part of their screen. Viewability is particularly challenging for online video ads, since these ads are [...]
- OnScroll launches a private viewable ad exchange June 18, 2013
- OnScroll Selected As Leading Global Startup for Web Summit in Dublin July 30, 2013
- Incisive Media: How to build sustainable revenue from digital media 2014 by John Barnes March 5, 2014
- Taking The Long View On Viewability January 9, 2014
- Half of video ads aren’t viewable January 3, 2014
- What you need to know about advertising’s #viewability metric January 10, 2015
- 4As Letter Calls for More Stringent #Viewability Standards January 9, 2015
- Digital advertisers says #viewability is the biggest challenge for 2015 January 8, 2015
- The Year In Re: #Viewability January 7, 2015
- Ad targeting improves #viewability metrics for campaigns January 6, 2015
- Upcoming Events – Come Say Hi! | Viewable Impression: [...] been selected as part of the Web Summit̵...
- GodisaGeek.com Becomes First UK Website to Exclusively Deliver Viewable Ad Inventory | Viewable Impression: [...] are also a featured publisher on Onscroll...
- The Viewable Impression Disruption Is Nothing New | ViewableImpression.co.uk: [...] On C3 Metrics’ Attribution Model site...