Since the inception of the Making Measurement Make Sense (3MS) initiative back in March 2011, third party viewability vendors have done an incredible job of marketing how much of an advertiser’s budget is wasted on non-viewable impressions. The third party vendors have done such a good job that despite their known technical limitations and the [...]
It’s the news we’ve been waiting for – Google is leading the way with viewable impressions. This week they made big changes to display advertising, now you can pay by viewable impressions in AdWords. It’s a significant move from Google, they have rolled out CPM bidding by viewable impression in AdWords this week. Advertisers will only [...]
Sylvian Deffay, Country Manager for France at Infectious Media, reports on Ad Viewability in an article on Exchange Wire I’d argue that the nature of our medium makes it likely that viewability will become a key benchmark in ad-trading and optimisation. This is something especially relevant in France, where many marketers are still focusing on [...]
Around a hundred years after American businessman John Wanamaker, famously said “half my advertising is wasted, I just don’t know which half,” some within the online ad industry think they may have identified the half he was wondering about. A recent study published by ComScore claimed that 46% of online display advertising is wasted because [...]
It would be easy for publishers to stick their heads in the sand and ignore the problem of viewability until it comes knocking a their door, or rather banging it down. However, there is only so long they can say “I make money selling something of no value so I’ll stop when I have to.” [...]
With more than half of display ads never in view,according to comScore statistics, many believe it is only a matter of time before buyers will only pay for viewed impressions. That would have them pay on a vCPM, rather than CPM, which is the current standard, but there are many hurdles for this new currency, [...]
Mindsets need to change and accept that brand awareness in the digital ecosystem is more about reach and viewability, and less about click-throughs. It’s about how many individuals viewed an ad and whether consumers have engaged with a brand as a result, even on the most basic of levels. So how can marketers assess the [...]
A recent study shows advertisers care more than publishers about whether their ads are seen. As it stands, publishers are happy to place ads that aren’t seen. It’s no surprise that advertisers are putting pressure on brands to address the issue of viewability and guarantee that the ads they are paying for are actually seen. [...]
The display advertising market is worth $10billion. 54% of ads aren’t seen. It’s time to prepare for and embrace viewable impressions as the new currency for ad measurement. If you haven’t already started to think about what changes you will make to offer viewable advertising to your advertisers, now’s the time to get moving. There [...]
Every startup is looking to solve a problem. If you work in online advertising, there’s a big problem you should be thinking about: 54% of ads displayed are never seen by the customer 2013 was the year in which advertisers started asking why they should pay to display ads that aren’t being viewed. The world [...]
- OnScroll launches a private viewable ad exchange June 18, 2013
- OnScroll Selected As Leading Global Startup for Web Summit in Dublin July 30, 2013
- How Far Has Digital Advertising Come ….. April 24, 2013
- MediaPost Publications Low Viewability Impacts CTR, Rich Media Mobile Campaigns Engage Consumers June 17, 2013
- Update to November 2012 MRC Viewable Impression Advisory June 17, 2013
- Viewability – the real impact on publishers and four ways to improve it December 3, 2013
- Google Adds Big Change To Display Bidding: Pay By Viewable Impression In AdWords November 27, 2013
- Advertisers Are Right To Demand Higher Viewability Rates – Infectious Media November 27, 2013
- The Uncomfortable Truth About Online Ad Measurement and Viewability November 27, 2013
- Why Publishers Shouldn’t Stick their Heads in the Sand over Viewable Impressions November 27, 2013
- Upcoming Events – Come Say Hi! | Viewable Impression: [...] been selected as part of the Web Summit̵...
- GodisaGeek.com Becomes First UK Website to Exclusively Deliver Viewable Ad Inventory | Viewable Impression: [...] are also a featured publisher on Onscroll...
- The Viewable Impression Disruption Is Nothing New | ViewableImpression.co.uk: [...] On C3 Metrics’ Attribution Model site...
Follow @onscroll on Twitter