Advertisers have known for some time that part of their ad budget is wasted on ads that viewers are never able to see in the first place. Known as “non-viewable impressions”, this is the reason why various industry bodies, including the IAB, launched the Making Measurement Make Sense initiative back in March 2011. A key [...]
After OnScroll have been pushing viewability for year, the internet advertising bureau (IAB) has given the green light to companies on the use of industry-backed viewability metrics as a display ad trading currency. After rigorous tests over the pond the IAB has established the final standards determining what constitutes an ‘in-view’ ad, which is that 50 [...]
Google’s head of search spam, Matt Cutts, announced that Google has released a refresh of its Page Layout Algorithm. The filter, also known as the Top Heavy algorithm, downgrades the ranking of a web page with too many ads at the top or if the ads are deemed too distracting for users. This Supports the OnScroll [...]
Kellogg’s has made enormous progress in determining the viewability of its online display ads – knowledge the food group has successfully tied to their effectiveness, in the form of actual in-store sales. Aaron Fetters, director of the firm’s Insights and Analytics Solutions Center, told delegates at the Association of National Advertisers’ 2014 Media Leadership Conference [...]
Global ad spend is on track to grow 5.5% this year to $537 billion, while Internet advertising will account for nearly one-quarter of that, at $121 billion, according to the latest forecasts out from ZenithOptimedia, a division of ad giant Publicis. Overall it’s a generally optimistic picture: the researchers say that this is the third revision of [...]
Issues Viewable Impression Measurement Guidelines Draft and Advises Gating Period Remain in Place for Viewable Video Ads through June 30, 2014 The Media Rating Council (MRC) announced today that it has lifted its advisory on Viewable Impressions for display advertising, giving a green light to the industry to begin transacting on the new metric for [...]
After 18 months of intense debate and hard work by hundreds of people throughout the ecosystem, we have a standard for viewable display impressions: a minimum of 50 percent of pixels in view for a minimum of 1 second. Moreover, today the MRC has lifted its November 2012 Viewable Impression Advisory for Display Advertising, greenlighting [...]
ONLINE AD MARKET LOOKS TO RID ITSELF OF ADS PEOPLE DON’T SEE: It’s no secret in the online ad business that plenty of ads are placed on web sites in places that no one can see them –such as the bottom on Web pages that people never actually scroll down, or even deliberately hidden on [...]
SANTA MONICA, Calif., March 26, 2014 /Emag.co.uk/ – WebSpectator (www.webspectator.com), the world’s only real-time advertising exchange that measures actual “Time Spent” viewing ads, videos or any media component, today announced in-market results from the use of its GTS ad viewability metric at the ad:tech San Francisco conference. Designed to empower digital advertisers and publishers to quantify engagement across multiple media [...]
Google recently announced it will now sell display ads based on viewability. This means that advertisers will only pay for ads that are actually seen by a human being. It’s common knowledge in digital media circles that as many as half of all online ads are actually not seen by any audience, often because they are [...]
- OnScroll launches a private viewable ad exchange June 18, 2013
- OnScroll Selected As Leading Global Startup for Web Summit in Dublin July 30, 2013
- Are You Wasting Money on Mobile Ads? | News – Advertising Age May 23, 2013
- Will Viewability Measurement Standards Result in the Death of Ad Networks? August 5, 2013
- 5 Ways To Improve Viewability August 2, 2013
- What needs to happen for ad viewability trading to succeed? April 16, 2014
- IAB UK green lights trading on viewable impressions for display advertising April 15, 2014
- Google Updates Its Page Layout Algorithm To Go After Sites “Top Heavy” With Ads April 10, 2014
- Kellogg’s links viewability to sales April 10, 2014
- Internet Ad Spend To Reach $121B In 2014, 23% Of $537B Total Ad Spend, Ad Tech Boosts Display April 7, 2014
- Upcoming Events – Come Say Hi! | Viewable Impression: [...] been selected as part of the Web Summit̵...
- GodisaGeek.com Becomes First UK Website to Exclusively Deliver Viewable Ad Inventory | Viewable Impression: [...] are also a featured publisher on Onscroll...
- The Viewable Impression Disruption Is Nothing New | ViewableImpression.co.uk: [...] On C3 Metrics’ Attribution Model site...
Follow @onscroll on Twitter