Programmatic buying may solve some of the industry’s problems, but it’s also creating its own set of issues. As 2014 progressed, more and more brands, agencies and publishers either learned the programmatic ropes or enhanced their approach to it. But programmatic advertising is a complicated, evolving area that the industry is still grappling with. Here’s what we learned [...]
The ‘Ad Viewability’ Uproar: How The Digital Media Industry Is Attacking The Problem Of Unseen Online Ads #viewability
Marketers are spending more than ever on digital advertising, but there are growing concerns over whether digital audiences actually see many of these ads. Users are often served an ad that appears in an inactive web window or an out-of-view part of their screen. Viewability is particularly challenging for online video ads, since these ads are [...]
Marketers are still struggling to get even half of their digital ads seen, but video viewability rates are steadily rising. Overall video viewability rates increased to 38% in the third quarter of 2014, up from 29% in the second quarter and 28% to begin the year. Full article here
With the advancement of new technologies we now know that many display ads that are served never actually have the opportunity to be seen by a user. In fact in a recent study of Active View data by Google, we found that 56.1% of all ads served were not measured viewable. Yet, the average publisher’s viewability is [...]
One of the weaknesses in online advertising is whether ads are seen by actual, you know, humans. Google has now found that more than half of online ads are not on the screen for even one second. The tech giant this week released an infographic, “Five Factors of Viewability,” showing that “many display ads that are served never actually [...]
Last week, Google released new research on factors that impact ad viewability, which we covered here. There was one particular data point that raised eyebrows: 56.1 percent of impressions served across Google’s display advertising platforms, including the DoubleClick, aren’t viewable. Wow, Google, the company that dominates the display advertising market, just admitted that over half the served through [...]
Last week Google matter-of-factly reported that it has come to realize thanks to “the advancement of new technologies” that many display ads that are served are not actually seen by a user. In recent study of Active View data by Google, it said in a blog post, it found that 56.1% of all ads served were not measured viewable, [...]
Google released a study claiming that the majority of ad impressions are unseen by users. Google said “A small number of publishers are serving most of the non-viewable impressions. 56.1% of all impressions we measured are not seen, but the average publisher viewability is 50.2%.” Full article here
The biggest misunderstanding about programmatic advertising is it’s a way to buy ads at a lower price, when it’s really about using data to determine the value of ads and pay accordingly. Recently there have been a number of large brands shifting digital budgets to programmatic advertising. However, some of these brands seem to be [...]
As more advertisers move toward buying display ads on a viewable impression basis rather than by served impression, Google looked across its display ad platforms, including DoubleClick, to find out what affects an ad’s viewability. A viewable impression occurs when at least 50 percent of an ad in view for more than one second, according [...]
- OnScroll launches a private viewable ad exchange June 18, 2013
- OnScroll Selected As Leading Global Startup for Web Summit in Dublin July 30, 2013
- Advertisers Are Right To Demand Higher Viewability Rates – Infectious Media November 27, 2013
- The Uncomfortable Truth About Online Ad Measurement and Viewability November 27, 2013
- Why Publishers Shouldn’t Stick their Heads in the Sand over Viewable Impressions November 27, 2013
- 5 things we learned about programmatic in 2014 December 19, 2014
- The ‘Ad Viewability’ Uproar: How The Digital Media Industry Is Attacking The Problem Of Unseen Online Ads #viewability December 18, 2014
- Video Viewability Rising As Marketers Turn To ‘Programmatic Direct’ Technologies December 17, 2014
- How many ads are actually seen? New benchmarks for #viewability December 16, 2014
- Ok, so about half of online ads are never actually seen #viewability December 15, 2014
- Upcoming Events – Come Say Hi! | Viewable Impression: [...] been selected as part of the Web Summit̵...
- GodisaGeek.com Becomes First UK Website to Exclusively Deliver Viewable Ad Inventory | Viewable Impression: [...] are also a featured publisher on Onscroll...
- The Viewable Impression Disruption Is Nothing New | ViewableImpression.co.uk: [...] On C3 Metrics’ Attribution Model site...